Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Born in 1961, this striker came from a family of footballers. He made his League debut for Queens Park Rangers in 1978 and scored an hat-trick in that game. A string of top professional clubs followed, including Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Bordeaux, Manchester City and Chelsea. At the age of 23 he made his England debut against Brazil in a 2-0 win on 10th June, 1984 and went on to win 5 caps. Who is this player?
2. This former England international defender was born in Nottingham in 1956 and his first club was Nottingham Forest. He won 2 European Cups with the club in 1979 & 1980. Other clubs included Arsenal and Manchester United. He was the first black footballer to represent England. Who is he?
3. I was born in Tulua, Colombia in 1969. I made my professional debut in 1991 for Nacional de Medellin, but was quickly snapped up by Parma in Italy within a year. In 1996, I played in England's Premiership for 2 years before returning to Italy until 1999 when I moved to Brazil. My real surname is Hinestroza. Who am I?
4. Born in Sonnino, Italy in 1955, this striker played for Inter Milan for the best part of his career. He was also part of the Italian national team between 1980-88, and scored a goal in the 1982 World Cup final. Who is he?
5. I was born on 10th October, 1966 in Romford, England. I played with one club throughout my whole career in England's top flight division. I won 66 caps for England, and captained my country also. I retired from professional football in 2002. Who am I?
6. This wizard of midfield was born in 1952 in Argentina. His playing career started at Huracan. He moved to the club that will forever be associated with his name shortly afterwards. This man also played for Blackburn Rovers, Paris St. Germain and Queens Park Rangers. After his playing career was over, he managed Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur to name a few. Who is he?
7. Born in Glasgow, Scotland in 1956, this centre forward began his career with Clyde. It was at Tottenham Hotspur where he achieved his greatest accolades, and soon moved on to the sunny heights of Barcelona and Spain before returning to the UK. Who is he?
8. This Argentinian international defender was born on 12th April, 1973. Nicknamed 'Ratón' or 'Mouse', he made his debut for Ferrocaril Oeste in 1992. Spells in Italy and Spain followed shortly after. He played in two World Cups for Argentina. Who is he?
9. Born on 6th October, 1967, this towering Swede made his professional debut with IFK Eskilstuna in the 1985-86 season. In 1989, he moved to IFK Gothenburg. After much travelling playing for clubs in Belgium and France, he settled in Italy with Bologna, then Lazio. In 2000, he signed for Fenerbahce. Perhaps the most well known of facts were his 5 goals in the 1994 World Cup finals, where he helped Sweden to a 3rd place finish. Who is he?
10. 30th November, 1965 was the day I came into the world. I played in my native country of Brazil until moving to Benfica, Portugal in 1989. One year later, I was playing my football in the Italian capital. I am a World Cup winner, and won 79 caps for my country. Who am I?
Source: Author silverginger
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.