Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Houston Oilers played their final game in Texas during the 1996 season, before moving to Tennessee and becoming the Titans. When was the franchise founded?
2. While the franchise was in Houston, prior to joining the National Football League, it was a member of the American Football Leauge. The team was the first AFL team to sign an active player away from the NFL. Who was that player?
3. The Oilers played in the first three AFL championship games. How many of them did they win?
4. What happened in 1968 that made history for American professional football?
5. In 1970 the AFL-NFL merged and formed a unified league. One of the most successful teams from the AFL, how did the Oilers fare in their first NFL season?
6. During their time in Houston, how many Super Bowl titles did the Oilers win?
7. The final game played by the Houston Oilers was a road victory in 1996 over the Baltimore Ravens. Who was the final quarterback to start for the Houston Oilers? (Hint he was also the first to start a game for the Tennessee Oilers after the franchise moved the next season.)
8. How many seasons did the team play as the Oilers, after moving to Tennessee?
9. How many times did the Oilers make the playoffs before they were renamed the Titans?
10. The Oilers were often a middle of the road team, especially after the AFL-NFL merger in 1970. What is the franchise season-record for wins, prior to the move to Tennessee?
Source: Author Shadowmyst2004
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.