Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Dolphins made 20 playoff appearances from 1970-1999. How many of those appearances did they enter into the tournament as a Wildcard team?
2. The Dolphins missed making the playoffs only three times during the 1990s.
3. When Don Shula retired at the end of the 1995 season, he left as the Miami Dolphins' all-time winningest coach. Which one of the following coaches was the second winningest coach in Dolphins history, when he left at the end of the 2004 season?
4. How many wins did Don Shula have as the Dolphins coach upon his retirement after the 1995 season?
5. Which AFC East team lost 18 consecutive games in the Orange Bowl to the Dolphins until finally winning one in 1986?
6. Between 1970-1999, how many former players and coaches did the Miami Dolphins have elected into the National Football League's Pro Football Hall of Fame?
7. The Dolphins retired three players' numbers between 1980-2003. Which of the following players did not have his number retired?
8. Against which team did Dan Marino get his last playoff win before retiring?
9. The St. Louis-Phoenix-Arizona Cardinals never defeated the Miami Dolphins during 20th century.
10. Most fans know that the Miami Dolphins had an undefeated season in 1972. Which of the following teams was the last one to beat the Fins in the regular season before they started their historic run?
Source: Author jbug1262
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.