Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Michael Jordan spent the majority of his professional baseball career with the Birmingham Barons, a minor league affiliate of the Chicago White Sox.
2. Michael Jordan, generally speaking, was not a great offensive player, with a batting average for the season of .202. What is the name of the baseball borderline (.200 batting average) that he managed to surpass?
3. Which future MLB manager would manage Michael Jordan in his season with the Birmingham Barons? (This manager would later manage two World Series winning teams in the first decade of the 21st century.
4. Michael Jordan's desire to become a professional baseball player was motivated by several factors. Which family member's death provided Jordan with one of those factors?
5. During the 1994 season with the Birmingham Barons, Michael Jordan had a .202 batting average and a .289 on-base percentage (OBP). Which of the following would have counted positively towards his OBP?
6. In the course of the 1994 season, Michael Jordan hit three home runs for the Birmingham Barons. Which was not one of the teams against which he hit a home run?
7. If one were scoring a game where Michael Jordan was playing, one might use the number 9 to indicate him on the score sheet. Which position--the one most commonly played by Jordan--would this indicate?
8. Michael Jordan officially chose to leave the Birmingham Barons before the 1995 season began. Which most directly impacted his decision?
9. In addition to his season with the Birmingham Barons, Michael Jordan would also play in the Arizona Fall League in 1994. With which team did he play?
10. One of the features of the 1994 Birmingham Barons was the Jordan Cruiser. What was it?
Source: Author bernie73
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.