Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This Hall of Fame pitcher was a career Cleveland Indian over 18 seasons. Six times he won 20 games in a season and won a Triple Crown. Which pitcher is this?
2. This "F" was a pitcher, and although winning only six games in the season, he won the MVP and Cy Young award. Who did this?
3. He was the first player to win a Rookie of the Year and MVP award in the same season. He played mostly with the Red Sox, Angels, and Orioles in his 17 seasons. Who was this nine-time all-star who retired in 1990, and whose first name begins with a "F"?
4. In 1959, Pittsburgh Pirate Harvey Haddix went 12 perfect innings in a game and then lost it. His pitching teammate went 18-1 in the season, and was 17-0 at one point. Who was he?
5. This second baseman with the Chicago White Sox was known for his big wad of chewing tobacco in his mouth when he played. In 1959, he batted .306 with two home runs and five stolen bases, yet somehow won the AL MVP award. Who is this "F"?
6. This career Yankee appeared in 11 World Series, winning six. He was the 1961 Cy Young winner, and also won the World Series MVP in that season. Which "F" is this?
7. This "F" was a 15-season career Detroit Tiger. He had the honor of catching for Mickey Lolich and Denny McLain in the Tigers' heyday in the late 1960s. He went to 11 all-star games and was a runner-up season MVP. Who was this Detroit great?
8. Kenesaw Mountain Landis was the first Commissioner of Baseball in 1920. Happy Chandler took over as Commissioner in 1945. The third Commissioner was a "F", who would be at the helm of baseball from 1951-1965. Who was this that was inducted into baseball's Hall of Fame in 1970?
9. This "F" played half his 10-season career with the Montreal Expos. After retiring, he tried his hand at managing. He managed the Phillies in four seasons and came up empty-handed every time. Then he took over the Red Sox, and took them to two World Series crowns in four seasons. Who was this?
10. The Manager of the Year award began in 1983, giving out one award in each league. In 25 seasons of the award, which is 50 presentations, only one manager whose last name begins with "F" won the award. Who was this manager?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.