Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 2008 St. Louis Rams were not always in St. Louis. Which city did their franchise start in?
2. The NFL began it all in 1920 as the APFA (American Professional Football Association). The APFA was renamed the NFL for the 1922 season. How many teams played in the 1922 season?
3. The Miami Dolphins began their franchise in 1966 in the AFL. They joined the NFL in 1970 under the helm of which head coach?
4. The Pittsburgh Steelers franchise joined the NFL in 1933. Which team name did they play with in that season?
5. The Cleveland Browns franchise began in the AAFC in 1946. In which year did they win their first league championship?
6. The New England Patriots began their franchise endeavors in 1960 in the AFL as the Boston Patriots. They later joined the NFL. How many seasons did they play in the NFL under the Boston Patriots name?
7. Which of these teams joined the NFL, and was welcomed to their first season by having no wins?
8. The Denver Broncos were in the AFL for 10 seasons before joining the NFL. Which quarterback led the franchise to their first Super Bowl victory?
9. The Detroit Lions franchise joined the NFL in 1930. Which team name did they use in that season?
10. The Green Bay Packers began in the AFPA in 1921 (renamed the NFL in 1922). Who was their head coach?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.