Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. St. Mirren lifted the Scottish Cup by defeating Dundee United in the 1987 final, but who did they defeat in the semi-final that same year?
2. Who helped Celtic to lift the Cup by scoring twice in the second half in the 1988 final?
3. Which Rangers defender made the error which led to Joe Miller scoring for Celtic in the 1989 final?
4. The 1990 final saw Aberdeen play Celtic. After a no score draw, the match went to a penalty shootout. Which three players missed penalties in the shootout?
5. Motherwell defeated Dundee United in a classic final in 1991. Who scored the winning goal in this match?
6. In the 1990s, how many Scottish Cup finals were played outwith Hampden Park?
7. In the 2000 final, Aberdeen was dealt a massive blow when they lost their goalkeeper Jim Leighton to injury after only 3 minutes of the match. Which outfield player had to replace Leighton in the Aberdeen goal?
8. In the 2002 final, Rangers defeated Celtic 3-2 with a last gasp winning goal. Which of these four players did not score in that match?
9. The 2004 final saw Celtic come from behind to defeat Dunfermline Athletic 3-1. Which combination of players all scored a goal in this match?
10. Which player was sent off for Hearts during extra time in the 2006 final against Gretna?
Source: Author BigUncleChester
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.