Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which was the first B designated bomber to enter service with American forces?
2. Which bomber has dropped more tonnage of bombs than any other in USAF history?
3. Which bomber holds the record for the highest production run of all US military aircraft?
4. Sergeant Anthony Marchione was the last American airman to die in combat in WWII. In which type of bomber did he meet his end?
5. In 1949, the USAF introduced the largest piston-engined bomber ever built. What was the designation of this aircraft?
6. Into the jet age, which was the first jet bomber to enter service with the USAF?
7. Which was the first American bomber capable of Mach 2 in level flight?
8. Which bomber was designed as a supersonic replacement for the B-52?
9. In 2005, which USAF bomber became only the second aircraft type in the world to mark 50 years of continuous service with its primary operator?
10. Which is the only US bomber to deploy stealth capabilities?
Source: Author mikew41
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.