Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the official name of the Fairchild A-10?
2. Sticking with the A-10, what type of gun is mounted in the nose of the aircraft?
3. The F-22 Raptor has the ability to fly in excess of the sound barrier without having to activate the afterburners. This technique is also known as what?
4. What is the AIM-9 heatseeking, short-range missile called?
5. What is the USAF's primary role for the T-38 Talon, the T-37B Tweet, the T-6A Texan II, the T-1A Jayhawk, and the T-43A?
6. The B-2 Spirit employs stealth technology. True or false?
7. McDonnell-Douglas is the maker of the B-1B Lancer. True or false?
8. The AGM-88 HARM missile is used for suppression of enemy air defense (SEAD). SEAD usually entails destroying enemy surface to air missile sites (SAMS) and anti-aircraft artillery sites (AAA). What does the abbreviation HARM stand for?
9. Which of the following aircraft is the Lockheed Martin Corporation's Fighting Falcon?
10. How many Pratt & Whitney TF33-P-3/103 turbofan engines does the B-52 Stratofortress have?
11. What is the maximum take-off weight of the B-52 Stratofortress?
12. What electronics company manufactures the AGM-88 HARM missile?
13. The AV-8B Harrier II is primarily used by which branch of the US Armed Forces?
14. The Boeing AGM-131A SRAM II carries a 200 kiloton nuclear warhead. What does SRAM stand for?
15. The MK82 AIR bomb is a 500-pound bomb that deploys an air bag which allows low flying aircraft to escape the bomb's blast pattern. What does the abbreviation AIR stand for in the MK82 AIR bomb?
16. Which variant of the F-15 employs a two man crew including a pilot and weapon systems officer (WSO)?
17. Which air-to-ground laser guided bomb was designed specifically for the use of the F-117 Nighthawk?
18. What is the abbreviated name for the 'low altitude navigation and targeting infrared for night' system, which consists of two externally mounted pods fixed to the wings of US aircraft?
19. The externally mounted ALQ-184 ECM pod uses various radar frequencies to confuse enemy missiles and radar systems. What does ECM stand for?
20. The landing gears on the AV-8 and which other United States aircraft can be seen once they have been raised completely?
Source: Author jhig082
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.