Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which transmission has a high and low range as well as a splitter button? You can split both high and low range gears.
2. Which truck is made by Paccar?
3. A quiz on trucking wouldn't be complete without a question about the 2004 hours of service regulations. These still confuse most drivers.
Under the new American hours of service introduced in 2004, a driver must take a 10 hour break after driving for 10 hours.
4. Who once was the Midnight Cowboy, and in 2001 became known as the XM Satellite Cowboy?
5. Just as automobiles, heavy duty trucks also have different models. The 379 is a model of what popular Class 8 truck?
6. What is a "draggin wagon"?
7. You have a Class 8 tandem tractor and tandem 48' trailer. You have 11,800 lbs on the steers, 33,900 lbs on the drives, and 34,000 lbs on the tandems. Are you legal to run with it?
8. Who is the truckers' "travel agent"?
9. A driver says that he has a DT60 engine. Which company originally designed and manufactured the DT60?
10. A salt shaker is a special trailer designed for hauling salt?
Source: Author Dyce
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.