Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many wheels are on a Boeing 747?
2. After touchdown on landing, panels are raised on top of the wings. These are called what?
3. On modern airliners, the majority of the fuel is stored where?
4. Which of the following aircraft is the largest?
5. What caused the De Havilland Comet to be grounded?
6. Until 2011, where were all the Airbus A-320s assembled?
7. What did the "DC" stand for in DC-3?
8. When a pilot gets the "stick shaker", also known as a stall warning, his first reaction should be push forward on the yoke to lower the nose.
9. From 1976 until 2003, this was not only the fastest commercial airliner, but also the highest-flying.
10. In order for a passenger airliner to takeoff, the total pounds of thrust created by all the engines must be greater than the weight of the aircraft.
11. What power source is used to start the engines on a Douglas DC-8?
12. Which of the following airliners boasted the largest engines in the world in 2002?
13. Only one engine manufacturer made engines for the DC-10. That was General Electric with the CF-6 engine.
14. On some commercial airliners, a three man crew was used. The captain or pilot, the first officer or co-pilot, and the second officer or what?
15. What does EPR stand for in regards to turbine engines?
Source: Author mjk59
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.