Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. John F Kennedy International Airport is situated in New York City. What was it called prior to being named after the former US president?
2. After which former member of The Beatles is Liverpool's international airport named?
3. Though it has now been renamed, which city formerly had an airport named after Rastafarian spiritual icon, Haile Selassie?
4. Dulles Airport is named after former US Secretary of State, John Foster Dulles. Which city does the airport primarily serve?
5. The main international airport of Warsaw, Poland is named after which Polish composer?
6. In which city can you find an airport named after Nobel Peace Prize winner, Mother Teresa?
7. After which legendary footballer is the airport in Belfast, Northern Ireland named?
8. The international airport in Chicago, USA is named in honour of which US flying ace?
9. Simón Bolívar has many places, streets and buildings named after him throughout the Americas but which capital city is served by a major international airport that carries his name?
10. The international airport in New Delhi, India is named after which former leader of the country?
11. The airport in Manila, Philippines is named in honour of a person who was assassinated getting off a plane there in 1983. Who was this person?
12. The international airport in New Orleans is named after which jazz legend?
13. Which of the following Italian airports is not named after a famous former resident?
14. Baghdad International Airport was, prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, named after Saddam Hussein?
15. Johannesburg's international airport is now named after anti-apartheid politician and ANC activist, Oliver Tambo. But after which former South African Prime Minister and military leader had it previously been named?
Source: Author Snowman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.