Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Let's start with an easy one. Or, at least, a relatively well-known case. What is the German name for Germany?
2. Moving to the Middle East now, we'll stop at "Lubnan". What's the English name for this country, which has the cedar tree, its national emblem, in its flag?
3. We now fly off to some islands in the South Pacific. As we land, we are greeted by a group of people sporting tribal tattoos and performing a ritual dance. The man in the center steps forward and says "Nau Mai Haere Mai Ki Aotearoa".
Where have we just arrived? Quickly, we don't wanna be late for the haka before the rugby match!
4. This Asian giant is referred to by the locals as the "central nation" or "Zhongguo". What country is it?
5. Switzerland has four national languages, thus we can find four different official names. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
6. While Latin and Germanic languages have a similar name for this country in Central Europe, its local name may throw you off at first: Magyarorszag.
Can you give us the English name? (If you want a hint, it's the only country from the list that has a green stripe on its flag).
7. This landlocked South American country, with a "peaceful" capital city, has Spanish as its main language, but it also recognises several other indigenous languages as official. In Quechua, the most notable of those, the country is known as "Puliwya Achka Aylluska Mamallaqta".
What country is it?
8. Misr might not be a name you're familiar with, so you might be surprised to hear that it's a country with a rich cultural heritage and universally considered as one of the many cradles of civilisation. What Mediterranean country is being discussed here?
9. I decided to browse through the ISO codes for each country, and one of them caught my attention. That's weird, I didn't know there was a country starting with "H" in the Balkan peninsula. Because it abbreviates its native language name, what country is "HRV" referring to?
10. We'll stay in the Balkans for the final question: what country are you visiting if you enter the "Republika e Shqiperise"? Try to get it right, unless you want the two-headed eagle to devour you.
Source: Author Gispepfu
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.