Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Of what metal is the Victoria Cross made?
2. What is the inscription on the Victoria Cross?
3. Up to 2010, how many times had a bar to the Victoria Cross been awarded (for a second award)?
4. Which gallantry medal was inaugurated by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1802?
5. When was the Iron Cross instituted?
6. What was the earliest American decoration for conspicuous military service?
7. During which war was the US Medal of Honor instituted?
8. In the British Armed Forces what symbol on the medal ribbon denotes a mention in despatches?
9. What pre-Soviet Russian order was the only one to be awarded exclusively for gallantry?
10. The Order of the Golden Kite was awarded to members of which country's armed forces?
Source: Author ancientnav
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.