Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Day One - You have been walking around Amsterdam all day, of course it is raining as usual, and you forgot your raincoat. Now you are coughing and sneezing. You have caught a cold. What is a common cold called in Dutch ?
2. Day Two - You are still going around in Amsterdam with your cold, and the man on the tram next to you kept coughing in your face. Now you feel feverish and you have the flu. What is the flu called in Dutch ?
3. Day Three - Your cold and flu are finally under control. You have your appetite back and are hungry enough to try out the famous Dutch breakfast "uitsmijter" but oh my! - now your teeth are aching. You have a bad toothache. What is a toothache called in Dutch ?
4. Day Four - The dentist performed a miracle, and your toothache has gone. Unfortunately, amid all the excitement you suddenly develop chest pain and need to go to a hospital to get it checked out. What is a hospital called in Dutch?
5. Day Five - You did not have a heart attack, just a very severe attack of wind. You are finally ready to go out again and explore Amsterdam. There is so much to see, you walk around for hours, and at the end of the day, you have blisters the size of a soccer ball. You need some bandaids to relieve the pain a bit. What are bandaids called in Dutch ?
6. Day Six - You have popped those blisters and your feet are totally covered in bandaids. Finally you can go around a bit again. You have heard a lot about the famous Dutch snackbars, and you buy one of everything. Much of what you are eating is deep fried. You spend the evening in your hotel on the lavatory, with diarrhea. What is diarrhea called in Dutch ?
7. Day Seven - You finally recovered from all the above. You enjoy Amsterdam by walking around on the cobblestone streets. You trip over a loose cobble and fall. Now your ankle is sprained. What is a sprained ankle called in Dutch ?
8. Day Eight- No, your ankle wasn't sprained ... you broke a bone! What is a broken bone called in Dutch?
9. Day Nine - You are an amazingly fast healer and are up and running again, well, limping at least. That is besides the horrible headache you have right now. What is a headache called in Dutch ?
10. Day Ten - It is your final day in Holland and you decide to party all night, eating and drinking whatever you can at the Rembrandtplein or the Leidseplein. Maybe those mussels were not as fresh as they could have been, and you think you have food poisoning. What is food poisoning called in Dutch ?
Source: Author mioumiou2003
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Leau
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.