Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the architect of St. Paul's Cathedral?
2. When was St. Paul's Cathedral built?
3. What happened to the previous cathedral on the site of St. Paul's?
4. Which Royal couple were married in the cathedral in 1981?
5. Which former British Prime Minister's funeral service was conducted at the cathedral in 2013?
6. The previous cathedral on the site of the current St. Paul's was begun about 1087 AD. Who was the King at that time?
7. A monument to one of Britain's greatest soldiers, and also a former Prime Minister, was completed in 1912. It can be found in the north aisle of the cathedral. Who was this famous soldier?
8. The tomb of a one-armed naval man who also lost the sight of his right eye is in the crypt of the cathedral. A monument to him can also be seen in a large central London square. Who is this hero?
9. 30 metres above the floor of St. Paul's Cathedral there is a gallery at the base of the dome which has a novel property. What is the gallery called?
10. The tomb of the architect of St. Paul's Cathedral is also found in the crypt of the cathedral. It is a relatively simple affair consisting of a stone detailing the usual information about the deceased but with a Latin inscription above it. What does it say?
Source: Author Spontini
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.