Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Well this certainly looks like an oval amphitheatre and it looks likes it was built in 69-80 AD but I am in Pula, Croatia, when I am supposed to be in Rome. What building was I meant to see?
2. So here I am in Nebraska in the American Midwest. This is Carhenge - but I wanted to see the 'original'. Where should I have gone?
3. Four cities, four cities I visited to visit the Eiffel Tower and all I saw were pale imitations! Which were the four places I visited instead of Paris?
4. I am supposed to be looking at a monument built in 1805-1836 that commemorated those who fought and died for France in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars, but here I am in India looking at a similar looking memorial to 70,000 soldiers of the British Indian Army who died between 1914 and 1921. What was the landmark I was looking for?
5. OK So I wanted gondolas and canals, that's what I told the travel agent. So if I am not in Venice, where am I now, if I've been given a bottle of fortified wine and a pastel de nata?
6. So I wanted to see a very famous building that looked like sails - check. But where is the harbour and where is the bridge? It turns out I am in Dubai. Where should I have been?
7. I did say I wanted to see a Cathedral, but a specific cathedral, not just a look alike like this one at Chartres, an hour south of where I needed to be. What landmark was I hoping to see?
8. I did say I wanted to go to the Gherkin (right) but this building I am looking at is called Torre GlÚries (left), What two-hour flight flight does my travel agent need to book so I can visit the correct building?
9. I wanted to visit the most iconic suspension bridge ever built, which straddles a bay (not a river), was built in 1937, and is painted International Orange. This bridge is not orange and it is in Lisbon in Portugal. Where should I have been?
10. Yes, this is a beautiful old building but I am in Sicily when I should be in Greece. What building was I meant to be visiting?
Source: Author 1nn1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.