Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Cars in the UE are usually sold in left-hand drive form only; which of the cars below was the only one available in right-hand drive?
2. All but one of the models below have been sold in the UK by Mitsubishi; which is the only one that hasn't been?
3. The Ford Escort was one of the top selling cars in the UK throughout its life, but in what year did it first appear in the Ford showrooms?
4. Like most of the British car industry, Austin has long since stopped making cars, but which of the names listed below was never worn by an Austin car?
5. Between 1949 and 1961 Jaguar produced the XK series of cars. First the XK120 followed by the XK140 and finally the XK150. In the names of the XK cars, what does the number represent?
6. The European Car of the Year awards were started in 1964 and in this year the top prize was won by a British car, which one?
7. There is a massive choice of Japanese cars on sale in the UK now, but before 1964 there were none. Which Japanese manufacturer was the first to offer a car for sale in the British market?
8. What do the following cars have in common? VW Polo G40, Jaguar XKR, Lancia Delta S4 and Mercedes Benz SLK 230.
9. Which one of the following cars has the highest top speed?
10. What was the first production car that featured anti-lock brakes?
Source: Author mcdi7aw2
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.