Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This waterway connects Kingston, Ontario with the nation's capital. What is the name of this oldest continuously operated canal system in North America?
2. Dinosaur Provincial Park can be found in the badlands of the Red Deer River valley in which Western Canadian province?
3. Beyond these walls lies the historic district of a city with a rich history. The fortifications were declared a National Historic Site of Canada in 1948, and the old city within the walls became Canada's ninth UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985. Which city is this?
4. The Joggins Fossil Cliffs extend for 15 miles along the coast of the Bay of Fundy, displaying an unrivaled fossil record of the Pennsylvanian 'Coal Age'. In which maritime province is it located?
5. Located at Red Bay, Labrador, Canada's seventeenth UNESCO World Heritage Site recognizes the historical significance of the 16th-century whaling industry in the region. What European cultural group operated this whaling station?
6. For thousands of years, the aboriginals of Canada's plains lived off of the vast buffalo herds that roamed there. This precipice in Alberta (Canada's fifth UNESCO World Heritage Site), where herds would be driven over the edge to be slaughtered and processed, is called 'Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump'.
7. L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site can be found at the most northerly point on the island of Newfoundland. It is the site of the first settlement in North America by which Europeans?
8. The beautiful Virginia Falls seen in this photo is found within the remote UNESCO Heritage Nahanni National Park Reserve in Canada's Yukon Territory.
9. This Nova Scotia community was established in 1753 and remains one of the best-preserved examples of a planned British colonial settlement. Also known as the home of Canada's iconic schooner Bluenose II, what is the name of this 'old town'?
10. The Waterton Glacier International Peace Park straddles the border between Canada and the United States. It became Canada's twelfth UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995. Which province and state share this mountainous landscape?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.