Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This popular breed of spaniel is named after which English monarch?
2. This is an American Water Spaniel, which is the official state dog of which US "Badger" state?
3. This spaniel was named after the place in Nottinghamshire, England, where it was originally developed. What is its name?
4. What is this spaniel breed, named for a country known for leeks, daffodils and sheep?
5. This is an English Cocker Spaniel. The name "cocker" is believed to be derived from the breed's use in hunting which bird?
6. Can you name this breed of spaniel, easily recognised by its dense, tight curly coat?
7. This small breed of spaniel originated in France, and is categorised as a "toy spaniel" rather than a working breed. What is its name, related to the size and shape of its ears?
8. The English Springer Spaniel, seen here, is often used as a sniffer dog, to scent out drugs and explosives. True or false?
9. This attractive little spaniel is a Kooikerhondje. From which European country does it trace its origins?
10. A characteristic feature of spaniels is their long floppy ears, shown to good effect in this picture. Which transatlantic breed is this?
Source: Author stedman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.