Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Shakespeare wrote "The Tempest". What is another word for tempest?
2. Shakespeare wrote "Two Gentlemen of Verona". Where is Verona?
3. Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" featured a man whose head was turned into that of an ass. What is an ass?
4. Shakespeare wrote "Richard III". He was a real person and a king. Where was he king of?
5. Shakespeare wrote "The Taming of the Shrew". In the context of the title a shrew is a bad tempered woman, but what is the more common meaning of the word?
6. Shakespeare wrote "Twelfth Night". What celebration is the twelfth night the end of?
7. Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice" is set in a city in Italy. Venice doesn't have roads, what does it have instead?
8. Shakespeare's "Merry Wives of Windsor" is set in England. Where else in the world would you find a town called Windsor?
9. Shakespeare's "Anthony and Cleopatra" is all about a Roman emperor falling in love with the queen of another country. Which country was Cleopatra queen of?
10. Several of Shakespeare's plays featured a person known as a court jester. What was a jester?
Source: Author Christinap
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.