Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As seen in the title of this quiz, what does 'Tschüss' mean in Germany?
2. In Germany, if someone thanked you for your help, which of the following options would be an appropriate reply for you?
3. Which of the following is NOT a word for a secondary school in Germany?
4. Idiomatically speaking, in Germany 'Du sollst den Tag _____ ' means 'don't count your chickens before they are hatched'. Please finish the German phrase.
5. How many federal-states (Bundesländer) are there in Germany?
6. Which of the following four options is NOT a city-state (Stadtstaat) in Germany?
7. This New German Wave (Neue Deutsche Welle) singer was born Gabriele Susanne Kerner on 24th March 1960. She is better known by what name?
8. Although there are typically four seasons in a year, many Germans also celebrate a fifth season. What do they call this 'season'?
9. Which famous German sport-personality's nickname is 'The Kaiser'?
10. What is the name of the German singer of popular and traditional folk-music (Schlager und Volksmusik), who is well-known for wearing very dark sunglasses and also for his distinctive blonde hair?
Source: Author froggyx
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.