Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first card I got from Bill said he was travelling on a "ship" but he said he was in the Sahara. What kind of ship could he use in a desert?
2. Bill has just sent me a photograph of a dog licking his nose. He says that the dog is leading a team in a race that will bring him closer to home and me.
What is the name of this race that was first run - sorry, slid- in 1973?
3. I worry that Bill is having too much fun to come home and marry me. He is off in the South Seas riding a catamaran. How many hulls does such a boat have?
4. Really. If I ever get Bill home to marry me, it will be a miracle. Now the postman has brought a picture of him riding an elephant in one of the few remaining logging camps in India. He says it will take years to qualify as an elephant driver. I hope NOT! What would he be called if he did become one?
5. Bill is still in the Far East. He has sent me another picture. He is riding a wheeled seat that is pulled along by a man riding a bike. What is he riding in?
6. Now it seems that Bill has reached Africa. He is trying to copy my great-grandfather who explored Africa in a cart pulled by which of these animals that can cope with the rough terrain?
7. I am still waiting for Bill to come home for our wedding. Now he is enjoying shooting around in Japan aboard the Shinkanson. In the English language, we have another name for what he is riding now. Do you know what this very fast transport is?
8. Bill has reached Europe at last - Switzerland - but unfortunately he has decided to climb a few icy mountains before coming home. What are those things he is wearing on his feet to do that?
9. Bill is still in Switzerland. Unfortunately he had a fall and got trapped in the snow. Which kind of dog found him?
10. I think Bill is nearly home at last. He is in Wales. According to his latest photograph, he is travelling in a coracle. I think he might have found it in a museum although there are a few still in use. On what sort of surface does a coracle travel?.
Source: Author Toeknee448
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.