Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. El Salvador shares land borders with which two other Central American nations?
2. What makes El Salvador's coastline unique among the other Central American nations?
3. Which of the following statements best describes the size of El Salvador?
4. Etymologically speaking, what does the name "El Salvador" translate to in Spanish?
5. El Salvador lies at the convergence of which three tectonic plates?
6. El Salvador was one of the five isthmian member states of the United Provinces of Central America. What image on the coat of arms of El Salvador symbolizes this membership?
7. Which Salvadoran city was hit by deadly earthquakes in 1917, promoting the Salvadoran government to temporarily relocate the nation's capital to Santa Tecla?
8. What unique distinction does the flag of El Salvador share with the flags of Ecuador and Haiti?
9. Which Salvadoran volcano erupted so regularly between 1770 and 1958 that it earned itself the nickname "Lighthouse of the Pacific" due to its luminous cone caused by the glowing lava?
10. Joya de Cerén is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in El Salvador. This Mayan archaeological site was a farming village buried under volcanic ashes due to an eruption that took place around AD 600. What is the nickname given to this site?
Source: Author Matthew_07
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.