Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Ralph the Llama first visits the country that gave us such baseball greats as Felipe, Matty and Jesus Alou, Juan Marichal, Sammy Sosa and Manny Mota. A total of 76 major league baseball players have come from San Pedro de Macoris alone. What Caribbean country is Ralph in?
2. Ralph moves on to a place whose name, in Spanish, means "ancient". He remembers that back in 1989 a party of traveling llamas were stranded on this island after they were refused entry into neighbouring Barbuda. What Caribbean country is Ralph in?
3. Ralph heard that there are llamas at Serenity Farm, Jamaica, and decided to visit them during his search. He booked a flight to Kingston, but realized when the plane landed that he had been misunderstood - he was on a much smaller island with an active volcano called La Soufriere! What country had he accidentally reached?
4. Ralph the llama is looking for Kyle, and he thinks that Kyle may be in George Town, Cayman Islands. Unfortunately, today is St. George's Day, and Ralph mistakenly tells the ship's captain that he wants to go to St. George's. The captain drops Ralph at the capital city of which "Isle of Spice"?
5. Ralph got a little confused about his next destination. He knew that the capital had the same name as an early colonial America settlement, but he could not remember which one. Upon arriving at the island, he discovered that he was not allowed to visit the capital city. He was about to accuse the officials of llama discrimination when he found out the reason why the capital was off limits to him. What was this capital city that Ralph was not able to visit?
6. When Ralph's travel agent gave him the name of his next destination, he thought she was sending him back to a country he had already checked, and protested. A bit of clarification let him know that he was heading to the only place under US jurisdiction where they drive on the left side of the road. Where was he heading now?
7. Many Caribbean countries are composed of multiple islands. Ralph has just found himself on an island which is home to two countries! Which Caribbean island is he visiting now?
8. Ralph the Llama, being from the mountains, has selected for his next destination an island whose name means 'low land' or 'down land', expecting to explore an unfamiliar environment. Imagine his bewilderment at finding himself at the foot of La Grande Soufriere, an active volcano rising 1,467 m (4,813 ft) above sea level! On what island did Ralph receive this surprise?
9. Ralph the (baffled) Llama once more gets the wrong end of the stick, thinking he is en route to Europe as he is told he will soon be in the city of Port-of-Spain. However, Ralph is actually positioned on an island just off the coast of Venezuela. Which island is this?
10. Ralph the llama reckoned he picked up a serious clue to Kyle's whereabouts while watching TV in his hotel room. He saw an interview with Beatrix Llamas, who was promoting her latest cookbook. Which country should he travel to if he plans to interview her personally at her home in Havana?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.