Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am the administrative capital of a landlocked country in South America. I am close to neighbouring cities including Oruro and Potosí. I am also the highest capital city in the world. I am?
2. I am a country situated in the north-east of South America. My capital city is situated on the Marowijne River. I have been colonised by the Spanish, Dutch and then the English. I was known as Dutch Guiana until I adopted my current name. I am?
3. I was the capital of my country from 1763-1960. I was discovered on January 1, 1502 by the Portuguese. I am a coastal city and lie on the Guanabara Bay. I am?
4. I was first settled by the Portuguese in 1680. I hosted the first ever Soccer World Cup in 1930, and won it. I border Argentina and Brazil. I am?
5. I am the only country in South America with a Pacific and Caribbean coastline. My capital city is also my largest city. Unfortunately my exporting of cocaine is almost as well known as my fantastic coffee exports. I am?
6. I am a country located on the west coast of South America. My highest peak is called Chimborazo at 20,577 ft (6,272 m). The Galapagos Islands became part of me in 1832. I am?
7. I am the capital city of a South American country that also governs cities including Cuzco, Nazca and Arequipa. My country is best known for its Incan history. I am?
8. I am a landlocked country in South America. I was part of the Chaco War (1932-35) against the only other landlocked country in the region. One of my most famous soccer players was goalkeeper and penalty shooting extraordinaire, Luis Chilavert. I am?
9. I am the flag of a country in South America with two blue bands and one white band which features an image of a sun. In 2004 it was the second most populated country on the continent. Part of me includes Patagonia and Pampas. What is my country?
10. I am a country in South America that is home to such cities as Barcelona and Valencia. My people's local currency is the Bolivar. The highest point in me is Pico Bolivar at 16,427 ft (5,007m). One of my largest regions is known as the Guiana Highlands. I am?
Source: Author danielsharp
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.