Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the most populous city of South America?
2. Name the only Latin American nation which derives its language and culture from Portugal.
3. Which country is the largest Spanish-speaking country of South America, by area?
4. It is the smallest of the Central American countries and the only one without an Atlantic coastline.
5. Name the only South American country with coastlines on both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
6. Which South American city is the highest administrative capital city in the world?
7. It is the highest commercially navigable body of water in the world. What is the name of this lake?
8. Which Latin American country prides itself on being home to the highest uninterrupted waterfall in the world?
9. The southernmost point of South America, Cape Horn, belongs to which country?
10. In which country is the highest peak of South America, Aconcagua, situated?
11. Where can you find the driest place on Earth, called Atacama Desert?
12. Which country is the greatest producer of emeralds in the world?
13. The Galapagos Islands belong to which country?
14. Where is the famous seaside resort, Acapulco, situated?
15. Where can you find the so-called "Pompeii of America"?
Source: Author beatka
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.