Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What were the highest recorded wind speeds of Hurricane Ike?
2. Which of the following cities was not directly hit by Hurricane Ike?
3. At what time did Hurricane Ike make landfall in the United States on Galveston Island (central time)?
4. Prior to Hurricane Ike, how many times had the Galveston Seawall been completely overtopped by a storm surge?
5. Hurricane Ike made U.S. landfall as a Category _________ storm.
6. Which of the following buildings in Galveston, Texas, was NOT swept away by Hurricane Ike?
7. When did Hurricane Ike form?
8. On what day did the remnants of Hurricane Ike reenter the Atlantic Ocean (after it made its way across North America)in the Labrador Sea?
9. How many crew members were on the MV Antalina, the ship whose engine failed while trying to flee the oncoming hurricane?
10. What other storm, which made landfall about one week before Hurricane Ike, were residents of the Caribbean and the southern United States recovering from when Hurricane Ike hit?
Source: Author longhorngirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.