Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When it devastated much of the U.S. Gulf Coast in 2005, Hurricane Katrina was the most expensive hurricane in American history, costing $125 billion in damages. Which hurricane tied this amount in 2017?
2. Hurricane Maria devastated which island in September-October 2017?
3. Super Typhoon Yolanda, which killed over 6,000 people in the Philippines in 2013, is also known by what name?
4. The Philippines was hit by Typhoon Durian (called Typhoon Reming locally) in 2006. Most of the death caused by Typhoon Durian in that country came indirectly from the storm. Over 1200 people died when the typhoon caused landslide on which volcano?
5. Although tornadoes are commonly associated with the lesser-populated areas of the Great Plains states of the USA, the 2007 Groundhog Day Tornado killed 21 people in which state?
6. Sometimes considered to be the deadliest tornado in history, the Daulatpur-Saturia tornado landed in 1989 in which Asian country?
7. Which of the following hurricanes caused political havoc, in addition to physical damage, when it struck the USA a week before the 2012 presidential election?
8. What kind of storm hit Sydney, Australia and the surrounding areas in late September 2009?
9. What kind of wind storm did Cyclone David (also called Cyclone Friederike) inflict upon Europe in 2018?
10. In 2016, a tornado combined with a hailstorm in the city of Pancevo, in which country?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.