Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The yellow-bellied marmot is sometimes referred to as a rock chuck. It is also sometimes called a whistle pig for what reason?
2. The yellow-bellied marmot can only be found naturally in the wild in which two neighboring countries?
3. Why is it possible to only see yellow-bellied marmots from April to August?
4. Which of the following best describes the mating habits of a male yellow-bellied marmot during a single mating season?
5. Which of the following things will a yellow-bellied marmot NOT eat?
6. The yellow-bellied marmots have experienced severe habitat loss as human development has intruded into their territory.
7. According to a study conducted by the University of Michigan, where does the yellow-bellied marmot spend 80% of its time?
8. What is the average lifespan of a yellow-bellied marmot?
9. It is possible to catch bubonic plague by touching a yellow-bellied marmot.
10. Why are yellow-bellied marmots so named?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.