Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Cane toads are perhaps the most infamous example of an introduced species ever since they invaded Australia in 1935. Since the toads have poison glands and are difficult to kill, what method is recommended to remove cane toads from their new Australian home?
2. For what reason was the Africanized honeybee introduced into Brazil in 1950?
3. In which part of the world are giant African land snails considered a top threat and kept as pets?
4. Which species of fish poses a threat to the Great Lakes region after they escaped from the South into the Mississippi River?
5. Which of the following is NOT a problem the lionfish is causing in the regions it has been introduced to?
6. The American Acclimation Society introduced the European starling into North America for what seemingly strange reason in the 1890s?
7. Why was the Cajun crayfish introduced into Eastern Africa?
8. The Burmese python, an introduced species in the Florida Everglades, will eat an American crocodile if given the opportunity.
9. Where in the world is the native habitat of the zebra mussel, an introduced species that has been invading Europe since at least 1794?
10. What is the main problem red fire ants have caused ever since they were transported from South America all over the world?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.