Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. From what famous war poem by John McCrae does this novel, "We Shall Not Sleep", draw its title?
2. Anne Perry is the author of this novel. As well as writing these five books, she has well over 50 other published titles. In her youth, however, she was convicted of what crime?
3. "We Shall Not Sleep" is set in the final Battle Of Ypres, in late 1918. How many battles do the historians attribute as "Battles of Ypres" during WW1?
4. The novel centres around the Reavley family. Judith, the youngest of the four siblings, has spent most of the war in France. What was her occupation?
5. Who was the leader of the German Empire at the time of this novel - and indeed, throughout the period of the First World War?
6. During the novel, the Reavley brothers discuss "the Halifax Explosion" of 1917. What was this explosion?
7. Prior to the war, Joseph Reavley was a Fellow of St John's College, Cambridge. The Head of the College appears as a character throughout the series. What is the title of the Head of St John's College?
8. The Reavleys' main antagonist throughout the series is the shadowy figure whom they call "The Peacemaker". Mason, a journalist, is his ally throughout most of the series, before finally allying himself with the Reavleys in this final book. What earlier war, oft referred to as "The Peacemaker's" motivation for his actions, did he and Mason experience together?
9. The Peacemaker's identity is eventually revealed by his cousin, who absconds from the battlefield with the Reavleys to London to expose the traitor. What role in the war had this man played?
10. In the novel's final scene, the Reavleys and their ally reveal the whole plot to the British Prime Minister. Who was this Prime Minister?
Source: Author huw27
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.