Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the first of three movies with Rock Hudson, Doris Day plays Jan Morrow opposite Hudson's Brad Allen in "Pillow Talk" (1959). He is a womanizing song writer who disguises himself as shy Texan, Rex Stetson, to win her heart. What is her occupation in this film?
2. Doris Day, playing Kitty Wonder, co-stars with Jimmy Durante, as Pop Wonder, in "Jumbo" (1962). This, the last of her musicals, features songs by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart. What is her occupation in this film?
3. In "Julie" (1956), Doris Day is married to concert pianist Lyle Benton, played by Louis Jourdan. Lyle killed her first husband in order to marry her and now is trying to kill her. She runs away and returns to her former occupation. What is it?
4. In her last feature film, Doris Day played Abby McClure in "With Six You Get Eggroll" (1968). She is the widowed mother of three who falls in love with Jake Iverson, played by Brian Keith. Melding their families proves a challenge. What is her occupation in this film?
5. Doris Day plays Erica Stone, opposite Clark Gable as James Gannon, in "Teacher's Pet" (1958). This battle-of-the-sexes movie is supported by Gig Young as Dr. Hugo Pine and Mamie Van Doren as Miss Peggy DeFore. What is Erica Stone's occupation in this film?
6. With Peter Graves and George Kennedy, Doris Day stars in "The Ballad of Josie" (1967). Josie Minick finds herself widowed and beset with problems when her husband comes home drunk, falls over a banister and dies. With remarkable spunk, she overcomes all. What is her occupation in this film?
7. Adapted from a Broadway musical, "Pajama Game" (1957) stars Doris Day as Babe Williams, with John Raitt and Eddie Foy. In the movie, Day replaced Janis Paige of the original Broadway cast in the lead. Nelson Riddle did the score; Bob Fosse did the choreography. What was Doris Day's job in this film?
8. Doris Day is paired with Rock Hudson for the second time in "Lover Come Back" (1961). She plays Carol Templeton to his Jerry Webster. The supporting cast includes Tony Randall, Edie Adams and Jack Oakie. As in "Pillow Talk", Hudson's character resorts to impersonation to win the heart of Carol Templeton. What is her occupation in this film?
9. In "The Glass Bottom Boat" (1966), Doris Day plays Jennifer Nelson, Arthur Godfrey plays her father, and Rod Taylor plays Bruce Templeton, her love interest. In this movie, she is suspected of being a spy for the Russians; what is her actual occupation?
10. In 1959, Doris Day starred in "It Happened to Jane", a comedy in which she plays Jane Boyd Osgood and co-stars with Jack Lemmon (the good guy) and Ernie Kovacs (the heavy). Lemmon plays an interesting role as an attorney running for public office. What is Jane Osgood's occupation in this film?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.