Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The young lady we knew as Princess Caroline of Monaco received a new moniker in 1999. On January 23rd of that year she married the Prince of Hanover, thus making her new official title, Caroline, Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess of Monaco. Her father was Rainier III, Prince of Monaco. Her mum was a famous actress. Can you pick the parent of the pretty princess?
2. Carol Alt is a N.Y. native, having been born there on December 1, 1960. She stayed in her home state and graduated from Hofstra University before becoming one of the world's most famous models. She has also done some acting, appearing in over 20 films. One of them was "Private Parts" (1997), which is a comedic look at the life of one of radio's top shock jocks. Do you know which one it is?
3. Carroll O'Connor was born in N.Y.C. on August 2, 1924. Before starting his acting career, he served his country in the Merchant Marines during World War II. He starred in a number of series, the most popular being "All in the Family" (1971-1979). He played the bellicose, bombastic, bloviating, blowhard bigot Archie Bunker in 210 episodes. True to form, he had a belittling sobriquet for his son-in-law, Michael. What was Archie's nasty nickname for the young man?
4. The singer-songwriter-musician known to us as Carole King was born Carole Klein, February 9, 1942. Shortly after attending Queens College, New York, she began a career that blossomed almost overnight. At the age of 18 she and her partner Gerry Goffin wrote "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" (1960). Ms. King has released dozens of albums, but one was far and away her most successful, selling over 25 million copies around the world. Can you name it?
5. Carol Heiss, born January 20, 1940, is a an American athlete. She won an Olympic gold medal in 1960, and came home with a silver Olympic medal from the 1956 games. She is married to an American Olympic gold medal winning athlete from the same sport in which she excelled. What was the event in which she so successfully competed?
6. Carroll Lockman probably got into a few fights in his growing up days, thanks to his parents' decision to saddle him with his unfortunate first name.
Nevertheless, he would go on to become a professional baseball player and was a member of the 1954 World Series winning N.Y. Giants. Being a young man with a girl's name was one thing; being a major league player was quite another. He decided to take a nickname by which most folks who recall him would remember him by as a ballplayer. Can you conclude which sobriquet he chose?
7. Carolyn Jones, born in the Lone Star State of Texas in 1930, was a veteran of over 30 Hollywood films. She enjoyed a career of more than 25 years on the big screen. She will best be remembered, however, for a role that she played on a short-lived TV series. She played in all 64 episodes that ran from 1964-1966. Her character's name was Morticia. What was the name of the program?
8. Caroline Kennedy was the second child born (November 27, 1957) to President John F. Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline and the first to survive infancy. A girl named Arabella had been stillborn the previous year. Caroline was just three years old when her father became the 35th President (January 20, 1961). She is now an author and attorney, but when she was a young girl she had a favorite hobby. Can you recall what it was?
9. Karol Wojtyla is the birth name of a man who later went on to become world famous by a different name. Can you pick his much more modern monicker?
10. Carole Lombard was one of the glamour girls of early Hollywood. She made over 55 flicks in a career cut short by her death in a plane crash January 16, 1942, at the age of 33. In the late 1930's, no star in Hollywood was more highly paid than was the young lady born Jane Alice Peters on October 6, 1908. She legally changed her name in 1936, and three years later she married one of Hollywood's most popular leading men. Can you remember the handsome hunk's handle?
Source: Author paulmallon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.