Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Princess Elizabeth was born before her father, George VI, was made King.
2. In which of these groups did Princess Elizabeth NOT participate as a young girl?
3. Queen Elizabeth was known for her constant support and patronage of the military. In which military branch did she briefly serve during World War II?
4. Princess Elizabeth first met Phillip Mountbatten in 1934, but really began to take notice of him after their third meeting in 1939. What about this meeting did she later say led to their exchanging of letters for several years?
5. The Princess was on tour abroad in Kenya when the death of her father, King George VI, was announced. Who broke the news to the new Queen?
6. The Queen's two eldest children, Prince Charles and Princess Anne, were too young to be present at her coronation.
7. Despite 14 months of planning, the coronation of Elizabeth II almost didn't happen. Why not?
8. In her 1992 Christmas Broadcast, the Queen described that year as her "annus horribillus", which means "horrible year" in Latin. For which of these reasons was 1992 NOT horrible for the Queen?
9. In 2021, the Queen's husband Prince Phillip passed away after how many years of marriage?
10. The Queen's Platinum Jubilee in 2022 made her the longest-reigning monarch in British history before her death on 8th September 2022. But how did she rank in longevity amongst worldwide monarchs?
Source: Author lordprescott
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.