Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Siddhartha, raised as a prince and having been shielded from adversity, decided at twenty-nine to emerge from behind the palace walls and meet his subjects. Which of these subjects was NOT reported as subjects that he had seen on his initial ventures?
2. The sights outside of the palace walls depressed Siddhartha, and he engineered an escape from the palace and began begging on the street. What did he beg for?
3. After time spent with two teachers learning yogic meditation, Siddhartha was still not satisfied with what he had learned and began practicing more austerities. What finally made him re-think his path?
4. At the age of thirty-five, Siddhartha sat beneath a tree -- determined to stay there until he found the truth. Which tree did he sit beneath?
5. When Siddhartha had become enlightened, he began teaching to help others. His first teaching was "Setting in Motion the Wheel of the Dharma". According to legend, how many disciples heard his first teaching?
6. Siddhartha taught that by mastering the four noble truths people could reach which of these liberated states?
7. Once enlightened, Siddhartha never saw his family again.
8. During Siddhartha's life, not all of his disciples followed blindly; in fact, on occasion there was significant discord. Which of his disciples asked for Siddhartha to stand aside, and then proceeded to try to murder him when Siddhartha refused?
9. Siddhartha died at the age of eighty in severe physical distress following which of these activities?
10. Which of these novelists published the book "Siddhartha" in Germany in 1922, a fictional account written of a man's search for truth?
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.