Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. During Act I of "Cabaret", Sally moves in with Cliff, and they stay together for a while. Cliff's song is about living in what he knows is a dream. What word has been left out?
"Why should I wake _____?
This dream is going so well.
When you're enchanted,
Why break the spell?
Drifting in this euphoric state,
Morning can wait.
Let it come late."
2. The prisoners in "Les Miserables" sing as they work. Which word is missing?
"Look _____, look _____
Don't look 'em in the eye
Look _____, look _____,
You're here until you die"
3. One song's lyrics from "Peter Pan" give us the directions to Neverland. Can you fill in the missing word?
"The second star to the _____
Shines in the night for you
To tell you that the dreams you plan
Really can come true
The second star to the _____
Shines with a light that's rare
And if it's Never Land you need
Its light will lead you there?"
4. The musical "Gypsy" is based on the life of Gypsy Rose Lee. Her mother, Rose, pushed, prodded and cajoled both sisters into show business touring until her sister June escapes by eloping. Rose now is sure that she can make Louise a star, and sings a song of unadulterated optimism. Do you know which word is missing?
"You'll be swell! You'll be great!
Gonna have the whole world on the plate!
Starting here, starting now,
honey, everything's coming _____ roses!"
5. During "Spring Awakening" one of the children commits suicide and this elegy is sung. What word is missing?
"All things he never did are _____ behind.
All the things his mama wished he'd bear in mind,
And all his dad had hoped he'd know.
The talks you never had, the Saturdays you never spent.
All the 'grown-up' places you never went.
And all of the crying you wouldn't understand.
You just let him cry, 'make a man out of him.'"
6. Molly, a tomboy still, dreams that she will be rich and famous someday in this song. Can you determine which word is missing?
"You'll see me carried shoulder high,
By famous people I've never met,
But till I leave the rear,
It's from the rear you'll hear,
"I ain't _____ yet."
To show that you know,
You got to show you know you know!"
7. "The Will Rogers Follies" bring to the stage some of the highlights of his life, including his marriage to Betty Blake. With all of the public appearances, there wasn't much time for Betty and she sang the following. Which word is missing?
"He's a trav'ling man, He's a flying man,
After dinner speaker, Speachifying man,
He's a one man show on the radio
He's a columnist, Friend of president,
Movie star for the nation's residents
Ziegfelds starring man, Walking talking man,
Mr busy bee.
There's no man _____ for me"
8. As the musical "1776" opens, the Second Continental Congress is in debate, but they all want only one thing of John Adams. Do you know what they're asking?
Congress: "Someone oughta open up a window!
No, no, no! Too many flies! Too many flies!
But it's hot as hell in Philadelphia!
Someone oughta open up a window!
Can't we compromise here?"
Adams: "Vote yes!"
Congress: "No, too many flies here!"
Adams: "Vote yes!"
Congress: "Oh for God's sake, John, sit _____!"
9. The Broadway production of "Million Dollar Quartet" opened on April 11, 2010. What's the missing word for this Elvis Presley hit?
"Well, that's all _____, mama
That's all _____ for you
That's all _____ mama, just anyway you do
Well, that's all _____, that's all _____.
That's all _____ now mama, anyway you do."
10. In "Crazy for You", Bobby Child sings of his happiness when he first spots and falls head over heels for Polly Baker. What word is missing?
"Things are looking _____!
I've been looking the landscape over
And it's covered with four leaf clover,
Oh things are looking _____
Since love looked _____ at me."
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.