Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the opening scene of "Oliver", what is the name of the song the orphans sing as they are dreaming of better fare while being fed only gruel?
"Hot sausage and mustard!
While we're in the mood --
Cold jelly and custard!
Pease pudding and saveloys!
What next is the question?
Rich gentlemen have it, boys --
2. What is the title of the sweet tasting number from "The Act" that opens with the following lines?
"There's a lady living somewhere
Where it is, I do not know
But I long to write and tell her
That I love her so
I believe I might do mayhem
Yes I might destroy myself
If I ever found her missing
From my grocer's shelf"
3. In the second act of "Company", at a party for a friend's birthday, what song does Joanne belt out in anger at the other women customers?
"And here's to the girls who play wife--
Aren't they too much?
Keeping house but clutching
A copy of "LIFE",
Just to keep in touch.
The ones who follow the rules,
And meet themselves at the schools,
Too busy to know that they're fools.
Aren't they a gem?
I'll drink to them!
Let's all drink to them!"
4. Irving Berlin's 1933 musical review called "As Thousands Cheer" brought to the stage song vignettes created from newspaper headlines. Which lament did Ethel Waters sing for us after her man was lynched?
"I should set the table
'Cause it's supper time
Somehow I'm not able
'Cause that man o'mine
Ain't comin' home no more"
5. The Shogun in "Pacific Overtures" must decide what to do while Commodore Perry awaits an answer. What does the Shogun's mother sing as she takes matters into her own hands?
"To begin, if I may, my Lord,
I've no wish to remind you
But you'll notice just behind you
There are ships in the bay,
They've been sitting there all day
With a letter to convey
And they haven't gone away
And there's every indication
That they're planning to stay, my Lord ..."
6. What does the "Working" factory laborer sing as a remembrance and a lament?
"I'm waiting for a day dream
To take me through the morning
And put me in my coffee break
Where I can have a sandwich and remember"
7. Simba and Nala, innocents in "The Lion King", are in trouble now! They've been found at the elephant graveyard. Which of these songs is sung to them?
Shenzi: "Now wasn't it her mom who ate your dad?"
Banzai and Shenzi: "And having parents eaten makes us mad"
Banzai: "We're gonna settle up the score a tad"
Banzai and Shenzi: "We've never had a snack of such renown
8. During "Honk", Cat seems to be constantly chasing Ugly. What is sung as Cat begins preparing a meal with Ugly as the main course?
"You can play with your food before you eat it
You can chivvy your chow before you chew
You can play with your food you can't beat it
So ducky let me play with you!"
9. After many mixups caused by two sets of twin brothers in "The Boys from Syracuse", which tune do Adriana, Luce and Luciana sing?
"Sing for your supper,
And you'll get breakfast.
Songbirds always eat
If their song is sweet to hear.
Sing for your luncheon,
And you'll get dinner."
10. During one fabulous song and dance number from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", what number does Caractacus perform as he tries to capture the attention of the owner of the Scrumptious Sweet Company?
"Don't waste your pucker on some all day sucker
And don't try a toffee or cream
If you seek perfection in sugar confection
Well there's something new on the scene
A mouth full of cheer
A sweet without peer
A musical morsel supreme!"
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.