Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Dallas, Texas in 1963 was the scene of the assassination of which high profile American, supposedly shot by a former marine? (Or was he really killed by the CIA?)
2. Real or fake? Conspiracists claim that a historical event in 1969, beamed live to homes around the planet, did not actually happen. Which event was this?
3. Hoax or elaborate cover-up? In 1943, "Project Rainbow" was a scientific attempt to render a navy vessel invisible to the naked eye--or at least invisible to enemy radar. What was the name of this project?
4. When famous people die unexpectedly, conspiracy theories flourish. The death of which "People's Princess" has conspiracists convinced she was murdered, despite there being no evidence of a plot?
5. The air attack on Hawaiian Pearl Harbor in 1941 was the catalyst for sending the US into WWII. Of course, after such a devastating event, conspiracy theories pointed the finger not at the Japanese, but at the US President. Which President was alleged to have known about the planned attack yet did nothing to prevent it?
6. Despite this theory being debunked, speculation remains that a virus was originally developed by the US government as a means to wipe out entire races of people. Which virus, a global pandemic, is responsible for killing millions of people, including Freddie Mercury and Rock Hudson?
7. Which British liner was torpedoed by a German wartime U-Boat, leading to the theory that it was a ploy to involve the US in the war?
8. A British conspiracy theory levels accusations at the 2005 UK government for masterminding a local disaster in order to foster public support for the war on terrorists. What is the government allegedly guilty of?
9. Do you believe? A hypothesis broached in 1982 by authors Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln, linking Leonardo da Vinci, Isaac Newton, the Knights Templar and the Priory of Scion in a conspiracy, had the Roman Catholic Church crying blasphemy. What was the name of their book that spawned heated debate globally?
10. In 1947, something crashed to Earth and conspiracies were rife- witnesses claimed it was an alien spacecraft, but the local government spin doctors said it was just a weather balloon. Where did this momentous event take place?
Source: Author leith90
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.