Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Theoretically, the 16 top-ranked countries would have made the last 16 of this tournament. However, five did not. Which was the highest-ranked country that played in the Group phase that did not make the Round of 16?
2. In the first match of the round of 16, Netherlands ranked 8 was drawn against which team ranked 16?
3. In the second match in the Round of 16, Argentina ranked 3 were expected to easily beat Australia ranked 38. What was the final score?
4. France was expected to dominate in their match against Poland and they did just that. How many goals did they score against the red and whites?
5. Senegal was the highest-ranked African nation coming into the 2022 World Cup. They were drawn against an in-form England. What was the score for this match?
6. Picking a winner between giant-killers Japan and 2018 finalists Croatia was always going to be difficult and indeed the match was close. Which team progressed to the quarter finals?
7. Brazil ranked number 1, was expected to win over 28th placed Republic of Korea. How many goals did Brazil have on the board before the plucky Asian team scored late in the second half?
8. Morocco was the surprise packet in the group stage winning their group and then being drawn against one of the favourites in Spain this round. Who won?
9. The last match in the round of 16 was between the most evenly ranked teams: Portugal (8) and Switzerland (15). Nevertheless, the aggregate score was the highest of the round. What was that score?
10. At the end of the Round of 16, there were some interesting statistics. Which one of the following was *NOT* true?
Source: Author 1nn1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.