Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What are the first names of ice dancers Torvill and Dean, who won the title in 1984?
2. Boxer Barry McGuigan won the title in 1985. At which weight-class did he box?
3. Formula One driver Nigel Mansell won the title in 1986. For which team did he race between 1985 and 1988?
4. Fatima Whitbread won in 1987. In which discipline did she win a gold medal at the European Championships in Rome that year?
5. The winner in 1988 dominated snooker in the 1980s. Who is this 'interesting' person?
6. Nick Faldo won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award in 1989. He is most associated with which sport?
7. Footballer Paul Gascoigne won the award in 1990. Which club was he playing for at the time?
8. Which distance runner won the award in 1991?
9. Nigel Mansell won again in 1992. Which tennis player of Armenian heritage won the "Overseas Sports Personality of the Year" award that year, having won the Wimbledon Men's Singles?
10. Linford Christie won the award in 1993. He won an Olympic gold medal in 1992. What record did he set by doing this?
Source: Author Supersal1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.