Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The medieval sport of Gameball used a ball made from what?
2. What was a Quarterstaff used for?
3. In 1257 a law was passed which ordered all Englishmen, between the ages of fifteen to sixty years old, to equip themselves for which sport?
4. Which sport did Henry VIII of England play at Hampton Court?
5. The medieval game Stoolball is often considered the forefather of cricket and other bat games. Who was it, apocryphally, said to be first played by?
6. This game, unique to Scotland, has been described as a cross between hockey, golf and lacrosse. Can you name it?
7. Colf is the medieval name for which sport?
8. A very popular sport in the middle ages involved the participant swinging an object around their head and throwing it as far as possible. What is the object they were swinging?
9. Hunting in the Middle Ages was not just a way of putting food on the table but a social sport practiced by kings and nobility. Like many sports of the day, it was not without its dangers. Which one of these men were killed while hunting?
10. Medieval Tournaments were contests of skill mostly between knights, although anyone could enter providing they had the right equipment. Which tournament activity do we most associate with a "Ladies Favour"?
Source: Author fontenilles
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.