Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which sport, hugely popular in the south of England and the Channel Islands, involves a table with no side or corner pockets, seven white balls and one red ball?
2. In which sport, which involves trying to get your wood near a kitty, did David Bryant win gold for England at the World Outdoor Championships in 1966, 1980 and 1988?
3. Founded in 1950, what is the name of the Ipswich speedway team?
4. For which football club was Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne manager for 39 days in 2005?
5. Which UK game, played primarily by schoolgirls, although there are adult teams, involves hitting a leather encased ball with a round ended truncheon shaped bat and running around bases?
6. If I were watching the Derbyshire Falcons take on the Birmingham Bears, which sport would I be enjoying?
7. Which British squash player won the World Championships in 2010, 2011 and 2013, as well as British Open in 2006, 2009 and 2012?
8. Wing Attack can move in the attacking and centre third but NOT in the goal circle or the defensive third, whereas Goal Shooter is allowed in the attacking third and the goal circle but nowhere else on the court. Which sport is this?
9. Aged just 16 when she made her international debut in 2001, Alex Danson has gone on to make over 200 appearances for England and over 100 for Great Britain as well as win Olympic and European gold with her team. Which sport is she a master at?
10. In which sport do players with blue and black balls play against those with red and yellow balls?
Source: Author 480154st
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.