Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Elland Road became the home stadium for which football club on its inception in 1919?
2. Leicestershire County Cricket Club has long been associated with which of these roads with a feminine name?
3. The rugby union club Saracens has played home matches since 1997 at Vicarage Road, a stadium shared with which professional football team?
4. The running track at Oxford University has been renamed after Roger Bannister to commemorate his achievement in running the mile in a time under four minutes for the first time. What was its name in 1954 when the record was broken?
5. New Road, which is often flooded during the winter months, became the home ground of which country cricket club in 1896?
6. The Road Hole, with its infamous bunker, is situated on which Scottish golf course?
7. Church Road, London SW19 is the address for which internationally known sporting location?
8. Gloucestershire County Cricket Club began playing at Nevil Road in 1889. In which city is the ground situated?
9. Welford Road has been the home ground since 1892 for which rugby union team?
10. Loftus Road became the home of the club usually known as QPR in 1917. Q stands for Queens and P for Park. What does the R stand for?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.