Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first Test started badly for England when the captain, Andrew Strauss, was out for a duck to the third ball. Which player ensured the game would be drawn by scoring 235 not out in England's second innings?
2. The second Test resulted in an England win by an innings and 71 runs. With rain threatening, which England bowler took the last three wickets to ensure that there was no escape for Australia?
3. Having been dropped after the first Test, which Australian bowler made a successful return to the team for the third Test and contributed greatly to their only win of the series?
4. During the third Ashes Test, Ricky Ponting suffered which of these injuries?
5. The fourth Test saw another England batsman make an undefeated century. Who was the successful player?
6. Having ensured that they would at least retain the Ashes by winning the fourth Test, England celebrated with their supporters by performing which of these?
7. Australia tried several spin bowlers during the Ashes series. Which of these did not make an appearance?
8. Having aggravated the injury he suffered during the third Test, Ricky Ponting was unable to play in the final match. Who captained Australia in the fifth Test of the series?
9. The fifth Test resulted in England's third innings win of the series. Which England bowler established himself as the leader of the attack by taking seven wickets in the match?
10. Which player announced during the fifth Test of the series, that this would be his final Test match for his country?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.