Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Brendan Foster won the title in 1974. Which of these charity races did he found in 1981?
2. A cricketer won in 1975. He was described by one journalist as "The bank clerk who went to war". Who was he?
3. John Curry won in 1976. In which field did he excel?
4. Virginia Wade won the title in 1977, after winning the Wimbledon Women's Singles. What was so significant about her win?
5. Steve Ovett won the title in 1978. In which event did he win a Gold Medal at the 1978 European Championships at Prague?
6. Another runner won in 1979. Sebastian Coe went on to become a Member of Parliament for the Labour Party.
7. What was the name of the figure skater who won the title in 1980?
8. Which cricketer, nicknamed "Beefy", won the title in 1981?
9. Daley Thompson won in 1982. He won several gold medals for the Pentathlon?
10. 1983 saw another runner win the Title. Who was known as the "Jarrow Arrow"?
Source: Author Supersal1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.