Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Since 1980, Willaston School near Nantwich, Cheshire, has staged the world championships in which of these sports?
2. Every August, since 1995, the small Mid-Wales town of Llanwrtyd Wells has played host to the world championships in which sport?
3. Cooper's Hill in Gloucestershire has staged an annual event in May for many years. Which sport is staged there?
4. Ashton in Northamptonshire held an annual world championship every October in which sport?
5. Which of these sports was first created in Britain in 1954?
6. This sport was created in 1973 after a discussion by a group of locals in a pub in Wisborough Green near Horsham in West Sussex. It had been an annual competition. This activity has found particular appeal in parts of the USA. Which sport am I talking about?
7. This sport originated in England, probably in Yorkshire. Can you pick the correct name?
8. Every May, contestants run up a very steep hill at Tetbury in Gloucestershire, Difficult enough in itself you may think, however the competitors are further hampered by having to carry a heavy object. What do they have to carry?
9. These are all genuine contests. Which one did not originate in Britain?
10. Phil Shaw of Leicester, England, is credited with creating which of these sports in 1997?
Source: Author Mutchisman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.