Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who first called Petra "a rose-red city half as old as time"?
2. Usually, visitors will enter Petra through a long narrow winding gorge. What is this called?
3. Who was the first Western explorer to reach Petra?
4. In which modern-day country is Petra?
5. Who built the City?
6. On entering the City the modern-day visitor will be confronted by one of the most dramatic of all Petra's buildings. What is it called?
7. Petra contains a spectacular semi-circular theatre. Who built it?
8. When did the last permanent residents leave the ancient city?
9. Very few of the monuments at Petra can be dated with any certainty. The tomb of Sextius Florentinus, however, is dated. When was it built?
10. The most prodigious facade of all was built over 2,000 years ago. What is this building called?
Source: Author sancho_pft
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.