Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. An easy one first. There are two branches of this organisation, the forerunner of which was founded by Henri Dunant in 1863, in the district. Some of the activities carried out by this group are managing the Blood Transfusion Service, disaster relief and First Aid training. What is the name of this organisation ?
2. This organisation is the largest non-religious volunteer group in the world. The motto of this group is "We Serve". What group am I referring to ?
3. Being a rural district, our town has many horse-based sporting groups.
One sport is similar to polo, but with a major difference. Which is it?
4. Two youth-based organisations are currently in recess in our town, due to scarcity of leaders. These organisations were founded by Robert Baden Powell and his sister in the early 1900s. What organisations am I referring to?
5. Our district has two CWA groups. For what do the letters CWA stand?
6. We have four Service Clubs in our town. Which of the following is specifically intended for retirees?
7. We have several churches in our town, including Roman Catholic, Anglican, Uniting Church and Baptist. The Uniting Church of Australia was founded in 1977, when three churches amalgamated. Which of the following demoninations was not one of those that took part in the union?
8. In almost every country town there is at least one football team. Given that my town is located in Western Australia, which is the most likely football code that is played?
9. Both the local Ambulance Service and the Fire Brigade are run by volunteer members. In Western Australia, what is the name of the organisation that is responsible for ambulance services?
10. Our community boasts many landcare and catchment groups and environmental organisations. Which of the following is unlikely to be among them?
Source: Author tezza1551
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.