Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who is the semi-mythical figure central to Freemasonic doctrine?
2. Who founded the Church of Satan on the 30th of April, 1966CE?
3. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" and "Love is the Law, love under will" are sayings attributed to Aleister Crowley. The first statement is known as what?
4. Cabala, Kabbalah or Qabala is associated with which of the following groups?
5. The Order of the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon, better known as the Knights Templar were a mysterious order of warrior monks charged with protecting Christian pilgrims on the road to the Holy Land. They were also wealthy to the point of being able to refinance bankrupt kingdoms. Who was the last official Grandmaster of this enigmatic order?
6. When Titus sacked Jerusalem in 70CE he took the treasures of the Temple with him back to Rome. Many of the religiously significant treasures, it would seem, were possibly fakes as Roman depictions show the items decorated with graven images. There is an extant secret society which claims to have the treasure in its hands which it will return to the Temple "when the time is right". Which society makes this claim?
7. What is Yale University's secret society called?
8. Which secretive organisation was Dr Ian R.K. Paisley talking about when he said, "Englishmen! Be not deceived. You are to know that these are the men that marshal the hosts of Antichrist in your midst! Do not, therefore, underrate your danger; it is great"? It is widely believed among certain groups of Protestants that this society's members are agents for the Antichrist.
9. In 1973 Britain was "forced" to leave the EFTA for the EEC. The then Prime Minister Harold Wilson believed that a secret society which he referred to as the "Gnomes of Zurich" was pulling the strings to force Britain to join their trade bloc. To which society was Wilson referring?
10. Freemasonry began in London in 1717. It was a trendy dining club for the wealthy and a philanthropic society.
Source: Author Leviathan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Terry
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.